Recent Posts

Saturday 26 June 2010

Reminder to myself: do not travel on a small boat during the full moon period.




We missed the weekly boat to Borneo so I decided it was a good time to stay in Bali and improve my surf skills. With each day the waves were getting bigger and finally one day, when I felt confident in myself on the board nature proved its power..... The board was left in 2 pieces and made me realize how lucky I had been.

With a small concussion, painful back and cut jaw we moved on to Nusa Lembongan: a small island famous for diving, seaweed harvesting and snorkelling. Growing up in a fishing village I seemed to have forgotten how the full moon affects the sea and was a bit rattled by the journey. But upon arrival I heard stories of boats which had capsized on the reefs and realized that I should once again thank my lucky star.



As I was not my usual self I got a scooter to take me out to the aptly named Dream beach where I spent the day watching the full-moon waves and discussing life at "Cafe Pandan" with a beautiful Brazilian girl from Sao Paolo ( what is it about that city? Some of my best friends and the most amazing people I have met are all from there.)

It brings me such joy to suddenly meet heaps of similar minded people out here. We all of course share the love of seeing and experiencing the world, but there is some common view on the basics and questions of life that is quite extraordinary. The more people I meet the more I realize that it will be very hard to suddenly stop the travelling and go back to a "normal" existence. All the inspiring stories I hear of countries, people and places I had never considered exploring before, suddenly makes the world seem endless and my time here too short.

During daydreaming about my trip on the transsiberian railway then onto Mongolia-China-Tibet-Nepal-Bhutan I suddenly stopped my thought process and realized I was going against my beliefs of living in the presence and  that I needed to do some work on the matter so I researched the internet and quickly downloaded the acclaimed " the power of Now"  ( sorry Mr M, I know I am to predictable).  Hopfully when it is finished I will stop the nonsense of planning my trip to the south pacific and just live in the moment yeah!

We are spending our last few days in Bali in Ubud where I am hoping the healers can help me feel whole again after my little accident. There are lots of full moon ceremonies and activities on her at the moment so it's perfect timing. I have to go now before my enemies: the monkeys steal the computer.


























1 comments:

magdalena said...

Vackert Mia!

Post a Comment