Recent Posts

Friday 21 May 2010

Townlife in Bhaktapur


Before leaving we managed to experience the medieval town of Bhaktapur which used to be one of three kingdoms in Nepal. It is beautifully preserved and I felt so privileged to be able to get a glimpse of how the habitants go about with their daily chores.



Did you read the papers today, how photocopying has become illegal in Tibet and you need to submit your personal details in order to be able to photocopy!


I will not get into any political debate here but recommend that you read " Freedom in Exile" by Dalai Lama. I read Isabel Losada's " A beginner's guide to changing the world; from Tibet with love" last week and thought it had lots of insights into the whole situation.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Mia! So nice to see where you've been - I just read all your posts in one go...I'm going to Rajasthan on Wednesday - it's 47 degrees where we're going at the moment...er....

Keep posting about your travels, I bet you're having an amazing adventure. xxx C

Wil Rottgen said...

same here....just read most of your posts in one go. Amazing Mia. Makes me want to do the same trip! Also just came back from an amazing weekend on the island of Pag in Croatia. See some pictures on my FB page... loved the country landscape and wild sea....

Post a Comment