Recent Posts

Monday 16 August 2010

Paradise



I can not tell you how many times I have counted my luck in the past few weeks; To be able to do this trip and spend days just reading books, hiking the islands, snorkelling in the most clear turquoise and eating food worthy of a Micheline star. Wow. The evenings were spent watching fijian dancing, playing volley ball, watching movies on the beach or just lying in hammocks discussing life whilst watching the starry night. Paradise really does exist.















During an hike across one of the islands I was met by these boys singing. They, as all the other children I met during sunday church service and in the villages seemed so happy and content with the life they had. So again it struck me: how being poor really bears no relation to having a poor life.

One of the books I've  read during my travels was Oliver James's "affluenza" which I really recommend to anyone who lives in the west . The book deals with how consumerism is destroying our health and leads to an increase in depressed people across the globe. Not anything new there, but really;  it is so important to be reminded of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment