Recent Posts

Friday 22 October 2010

Chile- a perfect day





Wow, what an enjoyable shower I had upon arrival in San Pedro de Atacama after days and days in the desert. a A looong breakfast and then I headed out into the desert with a few friends on our rented horses. We rode to some Inca ruins, through villages, some oasis and along the desert canyons . Great start to the morning.

Then I had coffee with friends in a cafe outside and more and more people we knew joined us: That is the amazing thing about travelling on the gringo trail: most people are either heading north or south, and to the same places so you are bound to keep bumping into the same people.
 After lunch we relaxed in the hammocks in our beautiful hostel garden then late afternoon we joined a tour into the "Valee de la luna" to climb in the saltmines, watch some spectacular moon valley views and finish it off on top of a canyon watching the sunset.
 In the night we hooked up with some friends to travel back into the Atacama desert to use the amazing LLano de Chajnantor telescopes to view the stars and learn more about the southern star sky.
Jealous anyone?


My hostel






Mum I know I have promised you to always wear a helmet... Sorry













 

Taken by me with my camera, had to take two different pics though as I could not get the whole moon in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment