Recent Posts

Tuesday 5 October 2010

Finally there



To enter the Macchu Picchu was surreal and totally overwhelming. No pictures does it justice. I started in the morning at 430 to travel up there from Macchu Picchu pueblo, where I had spent the previous evening in the plaza waiting for the election results with a spanish circus group who were entertaining all the children. The first 400 people to register at 6 in the morning will be allowed to climb up on the famous mountain Waynu Picchu ( which is the mountain in the distance) and yes it is steep in some parts.

I was unaware that you are not allowed to bring food in, I know; very ignorant. So I had a breakfast at the top of the Waynu Picchu. But as I was about to tuck in, the avocado slipped and fell. So I will have an avocado tree there next time when I am back.. which makes me feel quite special. It was such a magic feeling to walk the same paths that the Inkas walked, and somehow I had a feeling that I had been there before. But maybe everyone does? Maybe it is just like New York, which somehow belongs to the world.




 











 




0 comments:

Post a Comment