Recent Posts

Sunday 18 July 2010

After the sun comes rain

We are staying in hostels on our road trip up north, some better than others but it's a great way of meting people from all parts of the world in all ages as hostels seems to be a more common way of staying even if you have hit your thirties here.  We stayed in a great YHA hostel in Noosa, where we spent a few days relaxing on the beach and going for long coastal walks and through the national park where we spotted koalas up in the trees.

Australians are so incredibly sporty, always outdoors: running, walking, kayaking, sailing any time of the day. It is such an inspiration that I have now decided to change my lifestyle when I come back to London:
Being in such a proximity to animals and also exploring nature has made me realize how I miss this way of living in London. Being by the sea makes me calm and complete. Living in a big city can be so unnatural and inhuman- that is why I always have longed to live close to Hampstead Heath, which really does not feel like you are in a city when you stroll around on the meadows and hills and swim in the different lakes. I am sure that I would not have lasted if I did not have that around the corner.  So my decision is to start exploring the rest of UK by tent and walking shoes and sit around camp fires in the evenings, that is so simple, cheap and yet so fulfilling.










Suddenly on our walk around Noosa heads national park the weather changed and this moody beautiful sky showed up like a painting in front of us. Isn't the world oh so beautiful?


My favourite weekend trip is Woolacombe in north west Devon where there is great surfing and beautiful views from the different walks. My dream for years was to invest in a camper van which I would drive out there but somehow the thought of being stuck in traffic with it every Friday evening stopped the actual purchase.






 

                          
Rainbow beach

0 comments:

Post a Comment