Recent Posts

Monday 20 September 2010

My dream come true.


I ve arrived in my spiritual home country: Peru. I don't usually like airplane photos but as it was such an unbeliavable feeling to fly across the Andes and into Cusco I though I 'll share it with you.

Why have I always dreamt of this country? is it the colors, the people's faces, the landscape or just the whole history of the Inkas? Now I am here I can tell you that sometimes reality is even better than the dream.

Travelling from BA I was told to take it easy and as I had spent more than 30 hrs awake ( some of these were spent with a group of lovely Americans dancing and having deep conversations at Starbucks Lima airport...) I should have known better than to head out with some new friends to watch them bungy jump. So in the evening I fell asleep in the restaurant whilst talking. Cusco is a great city to stay in to explore the surrounding Inka remaindings, make friends and spend the days painting in the square. The city is definetely up my alley with all the hippies and yoga teachers mixed in with lots of locals and of course: tourists.
I realized the next day I had not been alone many hours in the last few months and thought I should really spend a few days around  Cusco on my own trying to meet locals.  In a great cafe I realized after a pretty long time that I had been speaking to the waiter in Spanish! That felt good. What did not feel good was when I saw a beautiful homeless child standing outside just watching all the tourists in the cafe and noone acknowledging him . Just as I was about to give him some money I saw the waiter come back with sandwiches for him. It made me so sad and ashamed to be a part of these synical people








0 comments:

Post a Comment