Recent Posts

Monday 27 September 2010

Smile and the world will smile with you

 This weekend I was alone for a few hours and suddenly was really missing everyone at home so I felt really sorry for myself for a minute. But then I decided to get myself together, I mean I am seriously lucky to be here, and from the moment I decided that: my eyes opened again and I decided to see what was out there. So I participated in a yoga session on top of the mountains  above Sachsayuman ruins in a very beautiful place close to the Jesus statue. Afterwards we had lunch and shared our different journeys. Again: amazing people and from there on it has continued. Today I was meant to do yoga in the morning but was deep in conversation over breakfast with a lovely girl who realized a while ago  that her call was to be a healer ( I know what some of you think but really, she healed me just through some chats) so she retrained with shamans etc and now works with that in NY. Needless to say I forgot completely about the yoga session.
Then I went for a second breakfast with a german who is addicted to travelling: before south america, he biked around India for 6 months and here is been working in the jungle in a school and so forth...
 Then I went to the San Blas area and sat down in one of the cobbled streets to paint. I am not lying if I say that I met and spoke to at least 40 people during a few hours of painting. I seemed to make everyone stop on their way and sit down to talk and listen .  It was  like a movie: children on their way from school, dogs, locals relaxing from selling their handicrafts and of course: tourists, sitting around me intrigued by me painting and the people there. I even had a wedding proposal and an older gentleman decided that I was the one for his son!!
Then from there it did not stop, wherever I went I seemed to meet someone new to talk to. Oh what a beautiful day.










0 comments:

Post a Comment