Recent Posts

Monday 27 September 2010

Peruvian village life


On my second day I somehow felt drawn into an area where some Peruvian artisans were selling their goods. And lo and behold; a girl whom I was meant to be contacting through a friend stood there selling her family's products, which I immediately recognised. So we started talking and she invited me to come over to her village some hours from Cusco to have a look at the weavers working and spend the day with her.
 The village was quite small but everyone was out as there will be political elections soon in Peru, and the girl's sister was one of the campaigners in the Plaza de Armas. I was one of very few tourists that has ever been there and some of the children had never seen a foreigner so I stood out quite a bit.  




 




 




For sunday roast.











You can not really be in a hurry in the morning to look like this.





 


                                                  On the way, with the locals...


 


                             For dancing and special occasions they wear 10 skirts on top of  each  other.


0 comments:

Post a Comment